The world is becoming more and more digital, isn’t it? But do you wonder what the future of data strategy looks like?
Data exploration and analysis can bring enormous value to a business. End consumers and institutions can both benefit from analytical solutions. Just as society is in constant technological evolution, the volume and diversity of information is also in continuous expansion. So, the question remains: what is the future of data strategy?
In this post, you will learn the answer to this question.
Current and future trends
Many technological products are now being studied and developed worldwide, each with its purpose and specific audience. Here is a list of current and future trends in data strategy:
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence powers the analysis of large volumes of data to gain valuable insights.
- Data Distribution in Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Infrastructure. The use of multiple cloud services enables more flexibility and more scalable solutions.
- Data Fabric Architecture. This architecture provides an abstraction layer with uniform access to information by business applications, which only need to consume a single data model. It facilitates data governance and the management of data silos in enterprises.
- Voice Control and Natural Languages. Currently, this is most often used in the domestic environment, but it is beginning to be used within organizations.
- The API (Application Programming Interface) Economy. This enables companies to expand their businesses with new sources of income through new digital services based on APIs.
Ewave and Denodo offer a Data Virtualization and Integration solution. This one solution provides your company with the data management capabilities to successfully implement all of the trends above.
What are the main difficulties for companies that do not have a data strategy?
One of the barriers is related to poor access to the data needed for decision-making. Without the effective integration of data between the available sources of information, it is very difficult to perform analysis and discover insights in large volumes of data.
Other common challenges are effectively managing this complex data landscape and establishing data governance in a hybrid and multi-cloud infrastructure.
The Benefits of Applying an Effective Data Strategy
By adhering to an effective data strategy, businesses gain agility in accessing data and improved data consistency for decision making. With such a strategy, managers can decide, in a strategic and agile way, the critical next steps. It also enables businesses to develop data models much more quickly.
Other benefits are fewer risks related to information access, and the reduction of costs related to data administration. But the benefits don’t stop there.
Does your company want to ease into a new digital business? If so, implementing a data strategy will certainly help your team in this mission.
- The Future of Data Strategy - December 9, 2021
- 7 Must-Have Data Management Capabilities - October 28, 2021