Don’t Fear the GDPR, Turn It Into an Opportunity
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you will have heard of the “GDPR”, or General Data Protection Regulation, especially for those within the data industry. For those who haven’t, have a read of this to get up to speed.
Although the GDPR will be enforced across the EU, the regulation applies to the data flowing within AND outside the EU. This means that international companies dealing with data coming from the EU must also prepare for the GDPR which comes into play May 25, 2018.
Are you living in a data security nightmare?
The reason why many companies find themselves struggling to comply with the GDPR in the first place is due to the uncertainty surrounding their personal data. Certain data integration methods utilized by companies have resulted in a huge number of copies of personal data spread across the business. So when it comes to companies having to report on where specific records are stored, where they have been transferred to, and who has the authority to view them in order to comply with the GDPR – this is where the nightmare begins.
Data virtualization to the rescue!
In order to prepare for the GDPR, companies will need a bird’s eye view into all of their data and a way to establish controls across the infrastructure. This infographic explains how data virtualization can help companies comply with some of the most important principles of the GDPR.
Want to share this infographic?
Copy & paste the code below on your site
Understandably it’s the threat of financial penalties and lawsuits which have companies in a panic when it comes to complying with the GDPR. But, for many data-savvy companies like Asurion, rather than fearing the GDPR, they turned it into an opportunity.
After implementing the data virtualization layer, Asurion were able to:
- Control security across the entire infrastructure from a single access point
- Easily meet regional data security requirements
- Perform complete audits of data access, as needed
- Quickly and easily add new, compliant sources
For more information on how data virtualization can help organizations seamlessly comply with the GDPR, please get in touch!
- [Solution Brief] Seamlessly Comply with the GDPR
- [Webinar] GDPR Compliance Made Easy with Data Virtualization
Latest posts by Amy Flippant (see all)
- Is Bad Data Causing Bad Decisions? Learn from Indiana University - February 6, 2018
- Migrating to the Cloud? 6 Important Pre-Flight Checks Before You Take Off - January 22, 2018
- Data Virtualization Is The Answer to Your Big Data Questions - December 20, 2017