Cruise to the Cloud with Denodo
As SME’s and large-scale enterprises strive and succeed in a competitive, ever-expanding environment of digital transformation and data management, cloud solutions are emerging as the newest saviour in the digital sphere. Cloud computing is known to be one of the most utilized solutions for developing and delivering enterprise applications. When companies are recognizing the need for an operational evolution to manage their process technologies, they are increasingly opting for cloud solutions. This process of moving applications and services to a cloud-based platform is known as cloud migration. Companies are willing to invest time, money and resources to improve their overall data management methods through Cloud Migration.
Select Your Cloud Service Model
There are three main models of cloud computing which are preferred by companies:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) are end-user applications. Users do not need to worry about how to run or manage the service, rather, all they need to think of is the utility of the SaaS offering.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) eliminates the need for companies to manage infrastructure such as hardware and operating systems. Instead, PaaS allows users to focus on setting us and managing business applications.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) encapsulates the basic elements of Cloud IT and provides access to computers, data storage spaces and networks.
Figure 1: Use-case for Cloud Migration is cloud to cloud transfer
Image source: Phoenix Nap, What is Cloud Migration? Benefits of Moving to the Cloud
Challenges Prior To Cloud Migration
Moving to a cloud is a trend that’s here to stay until it becomes a norm. Companies recognize that to build team collaboration, increase productivity and improve the overall user experience, moving to a cloud-based platform is the best way to go! But this move comes along with its own opportunities for threats or breaches. Security issues in cloud computing must be managed carefully to avoid security risk, loss of data or cyber attacks. Below are six cloud computing security issues that need to be addressed to create a strong and secure data fabric for cloud migration, along with Denodo’s safety responses to these concerns.
Safety Challenges Denodo Safety Clearances Security Concerns Unified security management Data Regulations Provides a bird’s eye view of all the data Lack of Governance & Control Delivers single access without duplication Poor Performance Excellent performance and scalability Delays in Data Access Displays real-time data access Hidden Infrastructure Footprint Isolate from business changes
Denodo’s Key Data Drivers
According to Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud for 2019, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure are the industry leaders for hybrid, multi-cloud environments within the Computing businesses. Denodo is associated with both these pioneer companies to provide users with agile & seamless data integration & migration process to a cloud-based technology.
Soar to the Cloud with Denodo’s Cloud Offerings
- Enterprise Grade Security: Denodo’s cloud data management solution comes with a state-of-the-art performance optimizer along with in-memory parallel processing to guarantee the highest levels of scalability to deliver governed and secure data for users.
- Ready to Use: Denodo’s cloud data virtualization provides accelerated data integration and real-time access with no additional requirements for installation and setup.
- Deployment Monitoring: Denodo’s cloud data management solution can be deployed to support a distributed information architecture that is on premise, hybrid cloud or multi-cloud to include factors such as users, volume and types of queries.
- Start Small and Scale Up: Denodo’s cloud data virtualization enables companies to start small yet supports a quick progression in terms of scaling up due to the value of creating real-time views from disparate data sources for small and large companies as well as in larger departments within a company.
Ready to Dive on Board with Denodo?
Don’t miss out on opting for your 14-day FREE trial with Denodo!
Contact Denodo today to find out how these cloud offerings can accelerate your on premise systems!